• Search
  • Menu

The damage was sustained in Sweden

If your insured vehicle was damaged by a foreign vehicle, the damage claim is primarily dealt with by your insurance company.

If your vehicle is uninsured, the damage claim is dealt with by TFF.

When am I entitled to compensation?

The damage claim is settled under Swedish rules. You are entitled to compensation for the damage to your vehicle if the foreign vehicle was liable for the accident.

Claims and settlement

Ideally, you and the other party should fill in and sign the front page of the accident statement formimmediately at the scene of the accident.
Each party then fills in the back of the accident statement form.

Be sure to always note:

  • the names and addresses of any witnesses
  • the registration number of the foreign vehicle and the country it comes from
  • the insurance details of the foreign vehicle (note the number of the Green Card).

If your vehicle was insured, you should report the damage to your insurance company. If your vehicle was uninsured, you should report the damage to TFF.