Temporarily deregister your vehicle if it will not be used for a time

If you are not going to use your vehicle for a while, you can apply to the Swedish Transport Agency to have the vehicle temporarily deregistered. A temporarily deregistered vehicle does not require motor insurance.

The easiest way to temporarily deregister a vehicle is to apply through the Swedish Transport Agency's website or call their service line on:

0771 25 25 25 (in Swedish only)

You can also temporarily deregister your vehicle by indicating your wish to do so on the registration certificate, signing it and sending it to the Swedish Transport Agency.

The vehicle is temporarily deregistered from the date on which a complete application is received by the Swedish Transport Agency.